Mrs. Chase

Reading and sharing books with children and friends has always been a pleasure of mine.  So it is no surprise that I finally decided what I wanted to be when I grew up … a Teacher-Librarian – a position I have been privileged to have for the past 19 years.  Sharing books with stuMrs. Chase as Wolf!dents and teachers and teaching how to locate, use, and convey information is what I do each day in the Chickering Library.

In the state of Massachusetts, Teacher-Librarian must have two certifications: in Teaching and Library & Information Science; since so much of what we do is teaching … not just warehousing materials. As a teacher-librarian, we are constantly looking at all kinds of resources, in multiple media formats, to help our students access and use information.  In addition, we need to be able to help our students convey their new knowledge, especially by using the right multimedia appropriate for each of them.

Education:

BS – Framingham State College – Education

MS – Simmons College – Library and Information Science; Technology Integration Certification

Technology Integration Cerification

On a personal note, I have a wonderful, husband and two sons  We love working on our 140-year-old Victorian, called “Brookside”.  We cannot watch the movie Money Pit … it is too close to home.  I love to cook, entertain, read, of course, work with my hands and discovered several summers ago, my love of driving fast on the Loudon International Raceway, NH, in my Mini CooperS.

2 responses

1. You are having too much fun! What a fabulous project.
    I think I’m responsible for the UAE locations on your geographical locator map. I’ve been here 4 weeks, working on school inspections. I love checking the Chickering website periodically to see how everyone is doing.
    Congratulations on your outstanding library work…
    Fondly,
    Chris Brandt

2. Just found your site through edublogs. I loved your projects.
    Each year my students perform a readers theatre for their parents. This year would like to try recording them too. I especially enjoyed your students sharing Pease Porridge Hot. Would you be able to share this script/resource with me?
    Thank you.